Accreditation of Early Learning and Care Services
Accreditation of Early Learning and Care services is celebrating our 10 year anniversary! It's hard to believe that it has already been 10 years. We can proudly say that we have continued to promote positive learning environments for children, working environments for early childhood educators, and quality child care choices for parents. In the last 10 years, we have grown from the first 72 accredited programs in 2006 to a staggering 1260 accredited programs in 2014. Today the online Program Accreditation Library system hosts and supports 1,270+ programs!
- Support the review and alignment of the accreditation standards
- Review policy and its implications to the accreditation process
- Liase with the child care field and stay current with new initiatives within Alberta, including:
- Together We Raise Tomorrow (TWRT)
- Early Learning Care Curriculum Framework
- The Children's Charter (Children's First Act), Government of Alberta
- Community coalitions across the province that support children and families
- Tremendous networking with like-minded professionals
- Personal leadership development
- Influencing professionalism in the field Early Childhood Development
- Setting the direction and vision of the accreditation agency
- Being a motivator, influencer, and change agent
- Making a difference for children, families and communities
Alberta Child Care Association
The Alberta Child Care Association (ACCA) is non-profit, member-based society with a mission to strengthen and advance a unified early learning and child care profession in Alberta.
Our members include ELCC staff, students, academics, operators and other interested individuals and groups who see the value of a strong Early Learning and Child Care system for Alberta.
As a member of ACCA, you receive:
- Canadian Child Care Federation affiliate member status
- Up-to-date information about the sector
- Connections with other professionals around the province
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Access to services like our Health Benefits Plan.
Born out of the Alberta Child Care Network Association and the Early Childhood Professional Association of Alberta, the ACCA is excited to be the one voice for child care in Alberta as the sector moves forward with the province’s first stand-alone child care act as well as the very first child care accreditation programin Canada